CONVENOR: Nancy Randall
ENTRY FORM DEADLINE: Friday, July 28
EXHIBITOR’S ENTRY DATE: Wednesday, August 9 between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Entries brought after this time cannot be judged.
ENTRY FEE: $1.00
PRIZE MONEY: 1ST – $5, 2ND – $4, 3RD – $3
Rosette and Special Award will be given for Best in Category for each section.
• All work must be the work of the Exhibitor.
• Only one entry per class per exhibitor.
• All work must be completed after August 2022.
• Prizes awarded are at the Judge’s discretion.
• You must present your claim tag to collect your exhibit and prize money which will be released Sunday, August 13 at 5 p.m. After Sunday, items will be available at the Fair Office 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. until Thursday, August 17. The office will not be staffed after this date. See instructions in Notice to Exhibitors.
SECTION A: WEAVING
1. Beginner’s Class – 1st year weaving, any article
2. Youth – age 18 & under, any article
3. Wall hanging with any fibre
4. Bag – any style, shape or size
5. Garment – woven with commercial yarn, assembly must have been done by the exhibitor
6. Garment – woven with hand spun yarn, spun by the exhibitor. Assembly must have been done by the exhibitor.
7. Shawl or stole – woven with commercial yarn
8. Scarf or cowl – woven with commercial yarn
9. Shawl or stole – woven with at least 60% handspun yarn, spun by the exhibitor
10. Scarf or cowl – woven with at least 60% handspun yarn, spun by the exhibitor.
11. Household article or wearable article – woven with recycled material
12. Rug – woven
13. Blanket – woven with commercial yarn
14. Blanket – woven with at least 50% hand spun yarn, spun by exhibitor
15. Household article – e.g. place mats (set of 4) etc. No tea towels.
16. Tea Towel – 1 single towel
17. Yardage of woven material using any type of fibre. State the intended use for the fabric, min. length of one meter
18. Small Expressions – woven article, e.g. mug rugs (4) sachet bags, bookmarker etc.
19. Open class – soft sculptures, toys, tapestry, any fibre and/or technique
SECTION B: WEAVING DONE BY GROUPS ORGANIZATIONS
Weaving done by 2 or more persons working on item.
Please list group.
20. Blanket – woven
21. Blanket – woven with 50% or more handspun yarn
22. Tea Towel
24. Open class – any article not listed
SECTION C: SPINNING
All work must be labeled with fibre content, yardage and intended use and must be at least 25 meters. All skeins must be washed and the twist set.
25. Beginner’s Class – 1st year pinning, any natural fibre, 2 ply
26. Youth (age 18 & under) – 2 ply, min. 25 M
27. Spinning – any natural fibre, single ply – min. 25 M
28. Spinning – any natural fibre, plied – min. 25 M
29. Spinning – plied fancy yarn, includes all exotic fibres
30. Spinning – Navaho ply (3 ply)
31. Spinning – silk fibre
SECTION D: HAND KNITTING AND CROCHET
All work must be the work of the exhibitor. All work in this category must have been hand spun by the exhibitor and also hand knit or hand crocheted.
32. Beginner’s 1st year knit or crochet – any article.
33. Youth (age 18 & under) knit or crochet – any article
34. Knit or crochet – larger article
35. Knit or crochet – small article, under 30 cm (e.g. socks, hat, mittens)
36. Knit or crochet – scarf or cowl
37. Open class – any knitting or crocheting
SECTION E: FELTING AND FULLING
38. Fulled article – knitted or crocheted using 60% hand spun fibres
39. Wet felted article – handmade by exhibitor
40. Needle felted article – handmade by exhibitor
41. Youth (ages 12 & under) – any felted article
42. Youth (ages 13-19) – any felted article
43. Open felted soft sculpture – either needle felted or wet felted. e.g. wall hanging, jewelry etc.
44. Open fulled article
SECTION F: BOBBIN LACE
45. Beginner’s Class – 1st year bobbin lace, any article
46. Bobbin Lace – any article