PHOTO & VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & INSTRUCTIONS
As we can’t judge your entries physically this year, we will be judging through photos and videos. Follow the guidelines below.
PHOTO GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
Do not edit or alter photo in any way (except in Class 5 for Home & Garden Photography – Section T). Editing will result in disqualification.
To ensure a good photo, exhibitors may have help from outsiders (a parent, teenager, etc.) to capture and submit a clear photo, unless otherwise stated.
Please ensure the full entry is in the frame, with no background distractions (the only thing in the picture should be your entry).
Please ensure photo is in focus.
Please note that some categories and sections have specific guidelines. Check your section in the Prize Book for specific photo submission guidelines, such as including a ruler for an indication of size.
- Once you have taken all of the photos of your exhibits that you want to enter, you can submit your entry form and photos at the same time.
- Tick the appropriate box of EACH department you wish to enter, tick the appropriate box of EACH section/class that you are entering.
- There is a corresponding photo upload box for each class where you can either drag and drop your photo(s) or click to browse the photos on your device.
- You’re done! You will receive a confirmation email showing the photos you entered for each class.
VIDEO GUIDELINES & INSTRUCTIONS
Please ensure the full entry is in the frame, in focus and with minimal background distractions and minimal background noise.
Videos must not be edited in any way and must be a continuous shot. Editing will result in disqualification.
Please note that some categories and sections have specific guidelines. Check your section in the Prize Book for specific video submission requirements, such as length of video etc.
- Upon submission of an entry form you will receive a confirmation email with instructions and a link to Driver Uploader (a safe and secure way to upload your video to our GOOGLE Drive).
- Check your section rules to determine when your video submission deadline is.
- Follow your class instructions to complete the required video.
- Click on the link provided in your confirmation email
- In the Name field enter your first initial and last name and appropriate department and class (ie. for a white potatoes entry in Vegetables, Home & Garden: JDoe_veg_18; for a sheep entering obstacle as a Jr in 4-H: JDoe_sheep_obs jr; for a horse entry in English Pleasure as a Sr in Virtual Horse Show: JDoe_horse_EngPl sr). When in doubt, the more information the better!
- In the email address field enter your email address correctly – double check!
- Click continue and upload your video to the Driver Uploader by either dragging and dropping or selecting from your device (this may take a long time, depending on video quality and length).
- You’re all done!