ENTRY DEADLINE: Friday, July 23
EXHIBITOR’S ENTRY DATE:
• Exhibits (except Fruit Pie) must be in the Home & Garden Building between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Thursday, August 5.
• Fruit Pie entries must be delivered between 10 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. on Saturday, August 7 to the Demonstration Stage in the Home & Garden Building. Items brought in after this cannot be judged.
• Register for Pie Eating Contest on Friday, August 6 (open).
• You must present your claim tag to collect your exhibit and prize money which will be released Sunday, August 8 at 5 p.m. After Sunday, items will be available in the Fair Office 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. until Thursday, August 12. The office will not be staffed after this date. See instructions in Notice to Exhibitors.
Section A (Open): $1.00 per entry
Section B (Teen): $0.50 per entry
Section C (12 yr. & under): $0.50 per entry
Section D (7 yr. & under): $0.50 per entry
PRIZE MONEY: 1st – $5, 2nd – $4, 3rd – $3, Ribbons to 3rd place, Rosettes for Most Points in each section
PRIZE MONEY for FRUIT PIES:
1st – $20, 2nd – $15, 3rd – $10, Most Attractive – $10
SPECIAL CLASSES: Gifts and/or product coupons plus prize money and ribbons.
SECTION A (Open)
1. Peaches, 1 jar
2. Pears, 1 jar
3. Wildberry preserve,1 jar
4. Tomatoes, 1 jar
5. Applesauce, 1 jar
6. Jelly, crabapple, 1 jar
7. SPECIAL CLASS: Certo Best Jam or
Jelly Contest – Plum jam or jelly, 1 jar (proof of purchase required)
8. Jam, blueberry, 1 jar
9. Jelly, pepper, 1 jar, named
10. Marmalade, citrus, 1 jar
11. Jam, apricot, 1 jar
12. SPECIAL CLASS: Bernardin Best Jam prepared with Bernardin Fruit Pectin (dry or liquid) –Strawberry jam, 1 jar (proof of purchase required)
13. Jam, any other not listed above, 1 jar, named
14. Dill pickles, 1 jar
15. Bread & butter pickles, 1 jar
16. Pickles, any other not listed above,
1 jar, named
17. Relish, 1 jar
18. Salsa, 1 jar
19. SPECIAL CLASS: Bernardin SNAP Lid/Mason Jar Craft – Homemade craft using a Bernardin mason jar and/or 2 piece SNAP lids (proof of purchase required)
20. SPECIAL CLASS: Bernardin Gift Pack – Gift Pack using mason jars sealed with Bernardin SNAPlids, in an appropriate container (not necessarily abasket); may be decorated for any theme; and mayinclude additional items such as soap, candles, soup mix, etc. (proof of purchase required)
ROGERS FOODS BAKING CLASSES:
21. Bread, whole wheat, oven baked, 1 loaf
22. Bread, white, oven baked, 1 loaf
23. SPECIAL CLASS: Best Bread using Rogers Flour, multigrain, oven baked, 1 loaf (proof of purchase required)
24. Bread, raisin, oven baked, 1 loaf
25. Bread, white, made with bread machine, 1 loaf
26. Bread, rye, 1 loaf
27. Bread, multigrain, 1 loaf
28. Bread, gluten free, 1 loaf
29. Dinner rolls, white, 5
30. Dinner rolls, whole wheat, 5
31. Loaf, banana
32. SPECIAL CLASS: Cake, Decorated, judged for decoration only. Use fair theme STIRRUP SOME FUN! for more points. Prizes to 3rd place, sponsored by TBA.
33. Cupcakes, decorated, 5
34. Squares, any variety, named, 5
35. Muffins, bran, no nuts, 5
36. Baking powder biscuits, plain, 5
37. SPECIAL CLASS: Butter Tarts with homemade pastry, 5. Must include recipe. Cash prize of $15 for 1st place winner. Will be judged on appearance, texture, creativity of recipe and presentation, weighed equally. Decision of the fair judge(s) will be final. No proof of purchase is required.
38. Tarts with homemade pastry, any type, named, 5
39. Cookies, gluten free, any type, 5
40. Cookies, chocolate chip, 5
41. Cookies, shortbread, plain, 5
42. Cookies, oatmeal, 5
43. Brownies, no nuts, no icing, 5
44. SPECIAL CLASS: Fruit Pie, any type. Fruit
Pie entries must be delivered between 10 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. on Saturday, August 7, to the Demonstration Stage in the Home & Garden Building. Judging begins at 11 am. Gift Certificates from TBA. Medals to 3rd place – TBA. Special mention for entrants under age 16.
45. SPECIAL CLASS: Table Setting for Two, including a menu featuring B.C. products. Must be displayed on entrant’s own card table. May include chairs. Points awarded for Originality (/20), Colour scheme (/20), Menu (/20), Creativity (/40). Use fair theme STIRRUP SOME FUN! for more points! Prizes to 3rd place.
SECTION B: TEEN (Ages 13-18)
46. Cookies, 2 varieties, 3 of each
47. Muffins, healthy ingredients, 5
48. Cupcakes, decorated, 5
49. Cake, decorated
50. Decorated gingerbread house using homemade gingerbread, incorporate fair theme STIRRUP SOME FUN! for more points!
51. White bread, 1 loaf
SECTION C: PRE-TEEN (Ages 8-12)
52. Cookies, chocolate chip, 4
53. Bread creature, not to exceed 8” diameter, just for admiring (not eating!)
54. Squares, rice crisp cereal, 4
55. Lunch box, healthy lunch with all food groups (please present actual food)
56. Cupcakes, decorated, 5
57. Graham cracker house, decorated. Use fair theme
STIRRUP SOME FUN! for more points!
SECTION D: CHILDREN (7 yr. & under)
58. Graham cracker house, decorated. Use fair theme
STIRRUP SOME FUN! for more points!
59. Cookies, peanut butter, 5
60. Cupcakes, decorated, 5
SECTION E: SPECIAL PEOPLE (Open to any person with a mental or physical disability)
61. Cookies, peanut butter, 4
62. Cupcakes, decorated, 5