CONVENOR: Helen Hugh
ENTRY FORM DEADLINE: Friday, July 30, 2021
EXHIBITOR’S ENTRY DATE: Thursday, August 5 between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Items brought after this time cannot be judged.
ENTRY FEE: $.50
PRIZE MONEY: 1ST – $5, 2ND – $4, 3RD – $3
ROSETTES & SPECIAL AWARDS:
• Rosettes: Best Entry in each age category
• Best in Department: Jr. Green Thumb Award
(Most points in Department): $25 gift certificate from Devan Greenhouses
• Best Vegetable Collection (Class 5): $5 plus Fair prize money.
• Best Poster (Class 7): $5 plus Fair prize money.
• Best Fairy Garden (Class 8): $5 plus Fair prize money.
• Best Entry in Floral Art: for Children (Section A Class 10), Pre-teens (Section B Class 11), and Teens (Section C Class 11). Gift Awards from Flowers by Renee
• Best Fairy Garden (for each age category): $10 gift certificate from Minter Country Garden
• Best Entry in Seed Art (Class 9): TBA
RULES: You must present your claim tag to collect your exhibit and prize money which will be released Sunday, August8 at 5 p.m. Produce not claimed by 6 p.m. will be disposed of unless arrangements have been made with the Convenor. After Sunday, prize money will be available at the Fair Office 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. until Thursday, August 12. The office will not be staffed after this date. See instructions in Notice to Exhibitors.
All Junior entries must be set in place by exhibitor –
No adult help allowed.
Bouquets will be judged first on horticultural quality of flowers and then on blend of colours and arrangement in a vase.
SECTION A: CHILDREN (Age 6 & under)
SECTION B: PRE-TEEN (Ages 7-12)
SECTION C: TEENS (Ages 13-18)
1. Any Root Vegetable Grown by Exhibitor – 3 specimens
2. Any other Vegetable Grown by Exhibitor – 3 small specimens or 1 large specimen
3. Herb Bouquet – 3 varieties, fresh cut only, named in exhibitor’s own printing or handwriting. May be from family garden and in water if necessary.
4. Biggest Pumpkin, Gourd or Squash grown by exhibitor. Judge will measure circumference of your product.
5. Vegetable Collection – 3 distinct kinds, named, grown by exhibitor. Specimens must be labeled in exhibitor’s own printing or handwriting – to be displayed on mat supplied by Chilliwack Fair.
6. Fruit Collection – 3 distinct varieties of homegrown fruit, harvested by exhibitor. Specimens must be labeled in exhibitor’s own printing or writing.
7. Poster titled: STIRRUP SOME FUN!
8. Fairy Garden up to 24”x24”, can include all types of plants, moss, stones, wood, characters, animals, toys, tools and imagination. Container can be round, square or rectangular.
9. Seed Art – A variety of seeds, can be painted, mounted on stiff cardboard 8.5” x 11” portraying scenery, flowers or animals.
10. Floral Art – An interpretation of the 2021 Fair theme: STIRRUP SOME FUN! (Sections B and C only).
11. Floral Art – Bouquet for Mom– annual, perennial, or wildflowers, 5 stems in vase or jar (Section A only)
SECTION D: WRITER’S CORNER/STORY/ESSAY
ENTRY FEE: $.50
PRIZE MONEY: 1ST – $5, 2ND – $3, 3RD – $2
Topic: “Healthy Habits”
Two hundred words or less, double spaced, written by hand or computer printed.
1. PRE-TEEN (Ages 7-12)2. TEEN (Ages 13-18)